Friday, July 12, 2013


Thanks for checking out my art!  

I could bullshit a lot and spend at least 5,000 words generating all that nonsense fluff that constitutes an "artistic vision" or "artist's statement" and bore both of us to tears, but as far as my work is concerned, all that really doesn't matter.  In fact, I think that what I think doesn't matter at all as far as explaining my paintings is concerned...

The paintings can and will speak to you, and if you like what they say, then that's enough.  Anyway, the vast majority of pop-art (mine absolutely included) says little toward any social, political, philosophical or psychological meaning if you ask me.  Still, it is a ton of fun to make and to look at.

That's it.  That's all that matters.  Art is subjective and to force "deeper" ideas onto it is to lessen its impact.  You see it, you like it, the end.  What you choose to apply to it is your business.  Mine is to have fun and hopefully make you happy in doing so.
Feel free to contact me if you'd like my art on your living room wall or in your coffee shop or restaurant!  Commission proposals will be considered: mccoynstard@gmail.com

...What I DO like and think is fun is the music I listen to or movies which play in the background as I paint, so I do list those on the back of each canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment